Archive for the ‘Make a better relationship’ Category
Sunday, August 19th, 2012
As you can imagine, relationship advice for men is different than relationship advice for women. This post on relationship advice for men is about the most important element of a good relationship, communication.
Communication in a relationship is very important. The best couples always communicate better and more positively than the bad ones do. A listening attitude always helps. Also, communications with a woman is critical to understanding women.
For better communication in a relationship it’s always a good thing to simply come out with whatever it is that you want from the other person or what you want your life to be to feel fulfilled. But women want to talk things out of their system and men don’t want to listen until they are done talking. Men tend to be more pragmatic and goal oriented.
Guess what? You don’t have to solve the problem necessarily. Here’s a hint. Let them talk and listen.
How can you do this?
It’s not so difficult. Here are some ideas, ones we have used ourselves to help make a better relationship.
1. Think about what you want in your life and write it down. You make lists for other things. Why not for this, too? Any couple can do this. You have to understand your own heart before you can communicate how you feel and what you want.
2. Compare lists. How well do your lists match up? Compatibility doesn’t require that you be identical, just that you can adapt to each other and with each other. Knowledge is power in relationships just as it is in anything else.
3. Give each other some respect and personal freedom. Many of us are pleasantly surprised to find that being with someone offers us more personal freedom than we expected.
4. Remember things always change. Be ready to adapt to change. Do it together or you will end up being torn apart. Changing conditions in life are the norm. Be ready to adjust and support each other both emotionally and materially.
5. Is the initial excitement you felt together fading? Get it back by making more love time for each other.
Remember, you have to understand yourself before you can communicate your needs and wants to someone else. Analyze your own heart and seek the wishes of your lover with openness and true interest. While many of our posts don’t specify that they include relationship advice for men but check them out. Most include advice for men in a relationship.